2-Hour Sailing Trip
- People Over 10 years old
- Children Age 10 and younger (must wear PFD by state law)
Experience The Beautiful Penonbscot Bay from a 55′ Ketch!
Explore the best of Maine with a real-life sailing adventure! Our sailing trips depart from Rockland. As our ketch glides through the waters of Penobscot Bay, you can take in the stunning scenery, the seabirds, and seals. If you want to indulge your inner sailor, you’re more than welcome to lend a hand in sailing the boat.
On most of our Rockland day-sail trips, we see the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse and Owls Head Lighthouse, as well as Maine’s historic schooners.
Whether you want an exciting day sail in Rockland or a relaxing Maine sunset sail, we have trips for everyone! We can’t wait to welcome you aboard A Morning in Maine for a sailing trip you won’t forget.
Book the Right Sailing Trip for Your Maine Vacation:
- The 10 a.m. trip is usually the calmest trip of the day. It is often cool and the wind is light. It’s a great family-friendly sailing excursion, especially for families with small children, as they can move around more and get to steer the boat.
- 1 p.m. is the faster of the trips as the wind builds in the early p.m. and makes for a warmer and more exciting trip. In some wind conditions, passengers will be asked to stay in place. We always try to give everyone a chance to steer the boat.
- The 4 p.m. trip is windy to calm. As the day ends the wind drops, thus we may start with a good blow and return with light air.
- From June 23rd until August 1st, sunset sails are offered from 7:00-8:00 pm.
- From August 1st to August 22nd, Sunset sails run from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- The sunset trip offers calm winds. The trip is perfect for those who want to relax, have a drink and watch a beautiful sunset. It is generally cool so a jacket is recommended. This trip is BYOB.
Customers providing at least 72 hours notice of cancellation will receive a full refund. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Cancellations made with less than 72 hours notice and no-shows will be charged the full price. We are not responsible for traffic or changes made by airlines or other travel providers so please leave plenty of time for transit and parking, and remember, this isn’t a trip you want to miss!
Contact us at [email protected], (207) 691-7245 or reply to your confirmation email to make a cancellation or to rebook your sail.
A Morning in Maine Public Sailing Rates
- Public 2-Hour Sail: $50 for adults, $45 for children 10 and under
- Public Sunset Sail (offered from June 23rd to August 22nd): $55 for adults, $50 for children 10 and under
- Special events: see booking calendar for Maine Lobster Festival and other special event pricing