2 Hour Sailing Trip
Join Captain Bob Pratt, marine biologist and Master Maine Guide, aboard the beautiful 55' ketch Morning In Maine, as he points out the natural and historic features unique to Penobscot Bay.
Public 2-Hour Sail: $40 per person
Private 2-Hour Sail: $550, maximum of 21 people
- Please Note: Book online to pay with a credit card!
We don’t accept credit card payments on the docks. If you pay in person, please bring either cash or a check.
Experience Beautiful Penonbscot Bay from a 55′ Ketch!
Enjoy the beauty of the Maine coast from the deck of Morning In Maine. Relax and watch the seabirds and harbor seals as the ketch glides through the waters of Penobscot Bay…or lend a hand in sailing the boat!
On most trips we see Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse and Owls Head Lighthouse as well as Maine’s historic schooners. Monday morning is generally the best time to watch the schooners as they sail out of the harbor for their week long cruises.
Things to Consider When You Book:
- 10am trip is usually the calmest trip of the day. It is often cool and the wind is lite. It is great for families with small children as they can move around more and get to steer the boat.
- 1pm is the faster of the trips as the wind builds in the early pm and makes for a warmer and more exciting trip. In some wind conditions, passenger will be asked to stay in place. We always try to give everyone a chance to steer the boat.
- 4pm trip is windy to calm as the day ends the wind drops. Thus we may start with a good blow and return with lite air.
- 6pm sunset The wind is often calm. The trip is perfect for those who want to relax have a drink and watch a beautiful sunset. It is generally cool so a jacket is recommended. This trip is BYOB.