2 Hour Sailing Trip
Join Captain Bob Pratt, marine biologist and Master Maine Guide, aboard the beautiful 55' ketch Morning In Maine, as he points out the natural and historic features unique to Penobscot Bay.
A Morning in Maine Sailing Rates
Public 2-Hour Sail: $40 per person
Private 2-Hour Sail: $550, maximum of 21 people
- Please Note: Book online to pay with a credit card!
We don’t accept credit card payments on the docks. If you pay in person, please bring either cash or a check.
Experience The Beautiful Penonbscot Bay from a 55′ Ketch!
Explore the best of Maine with a Maine Coast sailing adventure! Our sailing trips depart from Rockland, and on as our ketch glides through the waters of Penobscot Bay, you can take in the stunning scenery, the seabirds, and seals. If you want to indulge your inner sailor, you’re more than welcome to lend a hand in sailing the boat.
On most of our Rockland day sail trips, we see the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse and Owls Head Lighthouse, as well as Maine’s historic schooners. Our favorite time of day for sailing off the coast of Maine is on Monday morning, when we can generally watch the schooners as they sail out of the harbor for their week-long cruises.
Whether you want an exciting day sail in Rockland or a relaxing Maine sunset sail, we have trips for everyone! We can’t wait to welcome you aboard A Morning in Maine for a sailing trip you won’t forget.
Book the Right Sailing Trip for Your Maine Vacation:
- The 10 a.m. trip is usually the calmest trip of the day. It is often cool and the wind is lite. It’s a great family-friendly sailing excursion, especially for families with small children, as they can move around more and get to steer the boat.
- 1 p.m. is the faster of the trips as the wind builds in the early p.m. and makes for a warmer and more exciting trip. In some wind conditions, passenger will be asked to stay in place. We always try to give everyone a chance to steer the boat.
- The 4 p.m. trip is windy to calm as the day ends the wind drops. Thus we may start with a good blow and return with lite air.
- The 6 p.m. or sunset trip offers calm winds. The trip is perfect for those who want to relax have a drink and watch a beautiful sunset. It is generally cool so a jacket is recommended. This trip is BYOB.
Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to scheduled departure with refund.
If any trip is cancelled by the captain for weather or mechanical reasons, all deposits will be refunded.